Quick tips for corporate outfit refresh
I have to share with I’ve never been a fan of the conservative style in corporate outfits. Over the years I’ve been able to create a system that helps me wear a dresscode, and at the same time – feel comfortable with my styling ideas.
Today I will share a few tips from my system:
- Sometimes total black looks great and does miracles. I often opt for such combinations when I have no time neither creative styling ideas.
2. I replace the classic jacket with a double-breasted one. This is one of my best purchases. It does a great job for informal and official occasions. And, looks perfect with jeans and with lace dresses.
3. Little black dress – I actually have about 7-8 different models. Some are shorter, others longer, with or without sleeves, made of different fabrics. An investment worth every penny.
4. Stockings – sooner or later, that time of the year when we have to put them on eventually comes (for my great displeasure). After years of experimenting with all shapes, reliefs, and patterns, I came to the conclusion that black matte remains the best and most gratifying option. (Exceptionally sometimes I put sheer black with black dots – just for variety).
5. Shoes – in the interest of the slender silhouette in this case it is good they are black. This creates a continuous line and slims the body. I admit I’m a fan of the over-the-knee boots. This season they are also top. To avoid the risk of too provocative for a corporate environment look, we follow the Parisian principle: the heel is low or inexistent!
6. Accessories – this is the easiest and most effective way to refresh the corpo look, sometimes too dark. A tote bag with a colored handle and an animal print is a good investment for the season. It is important to choose high quality models that are rather clean-cut and the stylish is guaranteed). I have picked a bag from the latest collection of М.Point – a brand I have told you about recently.
What about you, guys – do you have a dress code? Do you have any tricks to avoid the boring limitations?31