Trench as a dress or how to look super chic when weather is versatile?
This post is also available in: Bulgarian
Do you have at least one trench in your wardrobe? How do you style it? Honestly, I adore trenches and cannot resist when I see a really good one.
Over the past weeks, weather has been so versatile and changing all the time that it was seriously confusing my plans for style combos. One day, while I was looking for something in the wardrobe, my eyes were attracted to a black, waist-fitted trench. I immediately saw it as a dress … and voilà!
The idea of this post was given to me by Joro Petkov when he last saw me dressed this way. He reminded me of Rule No8 by Anna Dello Russo:
Wear coat as a dress!
Trench is an effortless, practical and elegant type of garment that can save us in any situation. I am a trench-coats addict and wear them in a variety of combinations.
What to keep in mind?
– Length: The wow effect is achieved when trench length is the mid-thigh or mid-calf (midi).
– Buttons and belt: for the best result, it is good to have a buttoned outer garment and a belt emphasizing the silhouette.
– Dress under the dress: the French word for sous-robe – sounds much more elegant than slip, but the idea is the same. 😉
– Fabric: cotton, denim, satin, leather: depending on what your already have and the result you want to achieve. The idea is that the coat is as close as possible to the idea of a dress.
– Trench, not dress: always prefer the outer wear instead of a dress that looks alike. This way you will have a multi-purpose garment!
Here I am showing one more styling idea – complemented by various accessories: high heel shoes, a tunic, a large bag.
You can buy really cool trenches from They Are, as well as at the various online platforms of major retailers.
Do you like this type of posts?
Check out the fresh video and the other 9 tips of the fashion icon Anna Dello Russo here:
Photos: Martina Todorova0