How to look like la Parisienne?
This post is also available in: Bulgarian
Couple of days ago, I was invited at “Before noon“, the TV show on bTV to talk about a topic I like a lot. It was about the French chic and the Parisian style tricks. I got lots of positive feedback afterwards and would like to sincerely thank you! To make it easier, I decided to put it all together and make e a short list of ideas on how to look like la Parisienne:
- Less is more! The main color palette of la Parisienne gravitates around: black, gray, dark blue and white.
- La Parisienne is not a fan of high heels. In everyday life you will see her with flats, mainly “ballerinas”, retro sneakers or moccasins. She walks a lot, which contributes to her sleek appearance (despite tempting croissants, macarons, steaks, etc.).
- Playing with the codes: The Parisian likes to mix items from the men’s and women’s wardrobes. For example, she will put a crisp white men’s shirt, with skinny jeans and a jacket. She would look very feminine by leaving a few buttons unbuttoned and adding red lipstick on her lips.
- La Parisienne does not mind the miniskirts. The rule here is very simple: the shorter the skirt, the lower the heels!
- Good fabrics always have priority: cashmere, wool, silk, cotton. When choosing a sweater, it shall be with a V-shaped, deeper cut neckline.
- The marine stripes are timeless classic.
- The big bag is never superfluous, especially when it comes to an improvised trip at the end of the week!
- Keyword: Effortless! Even if an effort is made, the result should give a sense of effortless, casual elegance, even incompleteness.
- And one of my favorite tricks, that complements the above-mentioned point: When there is an important event or meeting, she goes to the hairdresser the day before. Thus, hair finds its shape and does not look too set.
Photos: Martina Todorova0